Thursday, April 5, 2018

Review: At Bertram's Hotel

At Bertram's Hotel At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Christie I haven't read yet! Surprised that I missed this one somehow. My only excuse is while I like Miss Marple, I love Hercule Poirot.

Instead of being in the quiet village of St. Mary Mead, we are in London. Miss Marple is on a bit of a vacation, staying at Bertram's Hotel. She's pretty much ignored, as usual, and then she drops truth bombs when the police decide to ask her if she knows anything. Spoiler, she does.

A poor old clergyman disappears, we have an estranged mother-daughter team staying at the hotel (Coincidence? Of course not), and everyone is acting like they have secrets to keep. But you don't keep your secrets when Miss Marple is around. The plot on this one is a bit outlandish and I really didn't like a single character, but even an average Christie is good. Still 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment