Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Review: The Wire in the Blood

The Wire in the Blood The Wire in the Blood by Val McDermid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another messed up serial killer. Val, you have a dark and twisted soul.

This one features celebrities, a newly formed profiler squad, and my favs, Tony Hill and Carol Jordan. Carol isn't officially on the squad, as you think she might be. But she's there, and she's loyal to Tony. The crimes were grisly. I listened to this one on audio and there were a few times where I actually shouted, "no!" when things were happening. Val McDermid writes a good thriller, and she takes it to a dark place. If you read the first Tony & Carol book, The Mermaids Singing, you know how crazy the crimes can get. This one is different, but still a little sickening.

Disturbing because things like this can happen in the world. Read this, then go hug your kids. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment