Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Review: Death in Four Courses

Death in Four Courses Death in Four Courses by Lucy Burdette
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not terrible. Probably on par with the first book. And Key West as a setting gives it a different flavor.

Haley is what is keeping me from loving these books. As a main character, I find her annoying. She reads as immature and not confident, and I just want her to grow up. The mystery is fine in this one, and while I guessed whodunit I was off on the why, but that's ok. Honestly, I don't read cozies expecting to be blown away by the plot twists and bad guys. I have a whole stack of thrillers waiting for me that can do that. But I do need to enjoy the main character. Haley and her grumpy gus love interest, Bransford, seem mismatched. Will we have to deal with her sticking her nose into things and him getting mad in every book? Seems that way.

I'll be back to give book 3 a shot. 2.5 stars, but rounding up to 3 because I am in a good mood.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment