Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Review: The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've had this one on my list absolutely forever and finally got around to it. I did the audio and the narrator was decent, if a bit hard to understand in parts. I was hoping for so much more in this book.

I have to admit, I went in knowing nothing but it was a romance set in Australia and it was made into a movie. I didn't know the plot, and I think that actually helped. I loved the intrigue around Lucy, how the secrecy impacts everyone's lives, and the back and forth perspectives. And while it wasn't the best book I've ever read, I did enjoy the story. It drives home how secrets are damaging and sometimes no good comes from the truth, too. Be careful what you wish for.

I liked the ending but wanted to have more the blanks filled in for the missing years. 3 solid stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment