Saturday, January 19, 2019

Review: I'll Give You the Sun

I'll Give You the Sun I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored this book! I've had it on my shelf to read for several years and finally got around to reading it. So glad I did.

It's young adult, but it isn't. It deals with complicated issues and while the two main characters are teenagers, everything happening around them is drama. Adult drama. We have some heavy themes here with Jude and Noah. Death. Discovering your sexuality. Addiction. Infidelity. Ghosts. And wrestling with your own demons. You have peer pressure, teen angst, and whole host of bad decisions.

I can't say enough about how much I liked this book. Give it a read. Can't wait to hear what you think. 4.5 stars. If I keep thinking about it, I might bump it up to a rare 5 star read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment