Monday, January 28, 2019

Review: Talking God

Talking God Talking God by Tony Hillerman
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Another great mystery with Leaphorn and Chee - this time we all leave New Mexico and head to Washington D.C. to investigate a John Doe found along the train tracks, interview an activist who seems to have ties to a Navajo family, and spend some time with Janet Pete.

Joe Leaphorn seems to be doing better after his Blessing Way. Glad Chee was able to help him. Jim, however, still is torn between two worlds. I can see these books are leading us towards a relationship with Janet, and I don't know if I like that, but she's better than Mary. Hopefully we've seen the last of her.

I actually enjoyed this mystery a lot even with the huge coincidence of getting Leaphorn and Chee in D.C. at the same time to partner up. And everyone is back home in the Navajo Nation so we will be driving the dusty roads of NM for the next one. 3.5 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment