Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review: Iron Lake

Iron Lake Iron Lake by William Kent Krueger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

New series for me. I'll definitely read the next one.

Meet my new friend, Cork O'Connor. He's the former sheriff, separated from his wife and trying to figure out his new normal. But you know how it is with these rugged, lawful good types. He can't seem to leave the badge behind. Doing someone a solid, he goes looking for a boy who didn't come home from his paper route and stumbles on a dead judge. It looks like suicide, so he calls it in. And what he uncovers next is a tangled web of deceit and bad decisions all-around.

I liked Cork enough to continue seeing him. I have a thing for lawmen, and he while he doesn't rev my motor as much as my one true love, Walt Longmire, it was still enjoyable. 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment