Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Review: The Happy Valley Mystery

The Happy Valley Mystery The Happy Valley Mystery by Kathryn Kenny
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Still adjusting to the change in writing styles. If I remember correctly, it evens out in a bit, or I just get further away from the first six books and forget how they read.

Trixie and the Bob-Whites are headed to the most exotic of locations: Iowa. As a midwestern girl, this one hits home for me. I grew up just across the border, Trix. You're gonna love your sheep farm adventure. Uncle Andrew invites the Bob-Whites to stay at his farm while he is in Scotland. Ok...a little weird on the host's side, and kinda crappy on his farm help team, but whatever. They hop on a plane and boom, Iowa, folks. And there is a mystery, natch, about missing sheep which Trixie is bound and determined to solve. Will she? Let's hope so, or no one will buy book 10.

We get some fun references to life in the midwest - 4-H, school dances in the gym, skating on the pond - and a scary flood, plus a little teen romance at the end. Not gonna lie, I've been waiting for this. Still enjoyable, even with the writing change. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment