Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Review: The Governess Game

The Governess Game The Governess Game by Tessa Dare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another fun historical romance by Tessa Dare. Not quite as wonderful as book 1, but still really great.

We have an unexpected, and unconventional heroine. Smart, snappy, and a little weird. We have the party boy, misunderstood hero. A comedy of errors brings her to him as a governess for his two strangely adorable nieces. She's what they all need to turn their lives into a HEA, my favorite kind of book.

Now that I've had time to reflect on the plot and how much I liked it, I'm revising my star rating to 3.5, rounding up to 4. The half star is subtracted because it annoys me when people have misunderstandings because THEY. JUST. WON'T. TALK. TO. EACH. OTHER. Still fun, and I'm sure I'll read it again someday, so 4 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment