Saturday, June 23, 2018

Review: The Aeronaut's Windlass

The Aeronaut's Windlass The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jim, I want to apologize in advance for this review. Still best friends?

I can't put my finger on why I didn't fall in love with this book. I liked most of the characters. I liked the plot. I didn't mind the steampunk setting. But I tried the book, and I tried the audio, and it still took me forever to get to the end.

High points: Grimm. Rowl. Folly. I adore Benedict, and I want him to fall madly in love with Bridget and run around kicking all kinds of ass in the universe. I didn't mind Gwen, although the consensus among my book-reading friends is they don't like her. I think she's fine, and she and Grimm should join forces forever and ever. No real low points, but again, the book just wasn't a smooth, fast read. I didn't tear through the pages like I do with your other books, Jim, and I can't tell you why.

Still, I enjoyed the ride, but dang, this book was a commitment. 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment