Thursday, June 14, 2018

Review: Dark Lover

Dark Lover Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So glad I finally started this series. I liked it a lot. Very pleasantly surprised.

We start with Beth, mere mortal, or is she? She's the daughter of a vampire, and she needs to know this before she goes through the weird vampire puberty change. She's never met her father, and has no clue of her lineage. He's been watching from afar, making sure she is safe. Enter Wrath, King of the vampires. He's been asked to protect Beth and help usher her through the change. He's reluctant, but eventually comes around. And that's where our story begins to gain lots of steam. I'm not just talking about momentum and action, folks. Steam of all kinds. Wink wink.

I like the character evolution in this book. I think it sets up future books in the series to explore everyone's backstories, and continue moving forward. I'm especially interested in seeing how Butch's life changes in the next books. He and Fritz were my two favorites, so I'm glad to see they are sticking around.

Vampires, action, and true love always. What's not to like? 3.5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment