Saturday, June 9, 2018

Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

On my first few times reading this, it was my least favorite of the series. I'm not sure why, because I loved everything about it this time. So much to appreciate here. Professor Lupin, the search for Sirius Black, Buckbeak, the Marauder's Map. It's a great ride.

Harry, Ron, and Hermoine are all back at Hogwarts for year three. Other than a few additional classes (several, in Hermoine's case), things are as usual. The Chamber of Secrets is closed, Malfoy is still a jerk, and Wood is still obsessed with Quidditch. What's new, you might ask? Well, Hogsmeade, for one, and Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban, for another. And dementors are guarding Hogwarts and making Harry miserable.

That's all I'm giving you for a sneak peek, friends. If you haven't read the series, you shouldn't start with this one. If you have, you already know what is going on. And if you've only seen the movies, you need to stop reading this review and pick up the books, because you are missing out on so much. 3 enjoyable stars. Almost 4 because I love Professor Lupin so very much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment