Thursday, June 28, 2018

Review: Ruby

Ruby Ruby by Juliet James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I keep telling myself if I hadn't read these books completely out of order, I would like them better. But I'm totally wrong. The characters might have made a bit more sense, yes, but the stories would still be stinkers.

We go to the first story in the "Come-By-Chance" mail order bride series, where we get to know most of the players in the series. Ruby and Lettie are the main focus, as they both answered ads for mail order brides and got on a train to Montana. Let me tell you something, Lettie lost that lottery because Slim Jim is a real piece of work. That will come up in future books, though, so not going to spoil you.
Ruby decides on a very nice fella and they live happily ever after. But he has 2 single brothers so you know they are headed towards the altar in future installments.

No one is memorable, the dialogue is painful, and for some insane reason I keep reading these books. Going to give this one 2 stars because I read it quickly and it's over now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment