Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Review: Magic Bites

Magic Bites Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It took me a while to get through this one. Not because I hated it, or the writing was bad. I just wasn't in the mood for this type of book right now. But I did enjoy it, and will read the next one.

Kate. Oh, Kate, you prickly pear. You are hard on the outside, but soft and possibly magical on the inside. Curran, you alpha alpha male. You are all the things I love in a hero. Strong on the outside, but I can tell you are a fierce protector and a bit of a softy, too. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

The world building was a bit vague. I have so many questions still, but I guess they will be answered in future books. I think the story could have been another 50 pages to flesh things out, but I'm good with the story, characters, and where we left things. But Kate is a mysterious being and I'm looking forward to finding out more about this weird version of Atlanta. Maybe my boy Harry Dresden can visit and we will really shake things up.

3 stars. Pretty decent start to things.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment